SOLVED Metered internet connection

Reaction score
Since I pay for the amount of data used on my internet connection, I have tried to disable autoplay by choosing "take no action" in Control Panel. Have also turned Adobe Flash Player "OFF" in settings, but videos in news feed still continue to play automatically. Any other suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
videos in news feed still continue to play automatically. Any other suggestions?
Most embedded content in web pages is dependent on your browser and or browser plugins, in order to display it, whether it be Flash, Shockwave, HTML5, or even Java Script.
Depending on the browser you are using, there may be a plugin available to block or prevent this type of content from auto-playing.
I know Firefox has a Block Flash plugin and Chrome has a couple of its' own, like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...toplay/efdhoaajjjgckpbkoglidkeendpkolai?hl=en
It just depends on how the content is generated and whether or not your preferred browser has an appropriate plugin to stop it.

I'm not sure what impact, blocking these audio / video files will have on your overall browsing experience.

Reaction score
Do you mean the news feed tile? that is using your internet connection. You can uninstall that with a right click...although it might come back on the next update.

Have you turned off all of Windows telemetry as well?

Reaction score
I had never clicked on the settings (gear symbol) in the video itself, but just did and saw the option to turn autoplay off. So far, that seems to have resolved my problem. Time will tell..... Thanks for the replies!

Ask a Question