Constant Minor Display Freezing

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (1 week ago), I have had an issue with my display. No matter what I am doing on my desktop it will continuously have these minor freezes, like glitches in a game. My mouse doesn't move, the screen pauses, and I have to wait a few seconds before I can resume doing what I did. If I'm watching a movie then the movie skips, but audio keeps playing, then the display resumes and the movie skips forward to match the audio. Of course it's been happening to me consistently while writing this post. My display has these freezes about every 30 to 90 seconds. I haven't timed them to get accuracy, but if that is needed I'll do it. Luckily, I haven't noticed it while playing any games in fullscreen mode (I haven't played any games windowed yet). It reminds me of skipping in a multiplayer game when your connection is lagging and your player will skip around the map because you kept holding 'Forward' while the screen skipped and the audio continued. That's really the best explanation I can give about this. Please help.

System Information:
Sager NP6370 / Clevo W370ET
Display 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Matte Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Anti-Glare Screen (1920x1080)
Windows 10 Pro (64-bit OS)
3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 w/ Optimus Technology
Hard Drive 750GB 7200RPM [Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache]
Ram 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS)

Ask a Question