Corrupt Profile

Reaction score
I am very confused. I tried to add a new local account and transfer info as suggested, but there is no info showing for the corrupt profile.

When I added a new account, the only choice was a Microsoft Account. It asks for the email address of the person and shows the email address as new account name. All other accounts have names we chose.

I was able to access the original email account by logging on from one of the other accounts. I wanted to delete the new account with the email address but everything is wiped out if I remove it; I was afraid this might wipe out the original email account.

I can access the desktop with the old profile but cannot do anything else. No internet, even the search box disappears when I try to type in it.

I hope I am making some sense here and someone has a solution.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Quick question.

You say you can access the Desktop.

Are you being signed in as a Temporary User Account and thus seeing a message informing you as such?

Reaction score
Hi Beckyjo,

go to Settings > Accounts > Family and other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Click on "I don't have this persons sign-in information":

ms account 1.JPG

Then on: "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Continue making a local user account!. :)

ms account 2.JPG

That should allow you to create an account I would think?. :) Make the account admin and then you can play around with the other accounts at will. :D

If you click on the button "Create another account" at the bottom of this page, it should take you straight to it!:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10 :)

Reaction score
OK, I was able to create a non Mircosoft account; I was also able to change the other account (the one with the email address), to a local account. Now, can I delete the account with the email address without wiping out the original email account?

On the corrupt profile where no info shows; I can get to the desktop, access and print some files from file explorer, however, I cannot access the internet.

On the new account, how do I get my yahoo home page back? I cannot escape Microsoft edge that always shows.

Reaction score
Is the account you can access an MS account?, I assume it is, all you need to do is log in to the account online and whatever data will still be there?.

With regards to the corrupt profile, save whatever data you need to disk and simply delete the profile and recreate it if needed!.

With regard to your Yahoo homepage:

Edge browser settings > Open Microsoft Edge with > A specific page or pages > Paste your URL in the box > Click the little icon to the right to save it:

edge settings.jpg

Ask a Question