Crash(es)

Reaction score
Win 10 pro, 16g ram, i5 6500, ASRock Z170 pro4, intel hd graphics 530

-------------------------------------

I know this is probably a futile attempt since I have so little information, and even if I did it might still be mysterious, but my desktop randomly crashes...no warning, no error message...it just freezes in its tracks, including the clock, and it might be several day, with the computer on most of the time, between instances.

I have to manually power off/on, and it goes back to normal after reboot.

I cant be absolutely sure, but the only common thread I can associate is I only remember it happening when I am using my browser, Firefox. Coincidence?

It went thru a stress test by the builder...everything normal. I did have a problem for a while with with the system freezing/not waking up after going to sleep,which also required a manual reboot, but it rarely happens anymore.

Maybe it's one of those a windows 10 "things", so in the least I'd like to know if this sound familiar else so I might have a trail to follow

thanks

Reaction score
My new PC with a Gigabyte z170 Mobo and an I5 6500 did that for a couple of days when it was new. I left it running a stress test for 2 days with a reboot ( including unplugging from the wall) twice a day and it hasn't misbehaved since.

Reaction score
My new PC with a Gigabyte z170 Mobo and an I5 6500 did that for a couple of days when it was new. I left it running a stress test for 2 days with a reboot ( including unplugging from the wall) twice a day and it hasn't misbehaved since.
Hi Tim,

Something I should have done before...check for driver updates.

Everything...video, bios, audio, up to date, except for the latest graphic driver update - v 15.40.25.4463 - 6-17-2016. Now installed.

How long ago did you perform that stress test. Were you using this latest driver?

Reaction score
Lots of trouble with my system crashing since changing from 7 to 10. You can read my tale of woe in the forum:

"Crashes, BSODs and Debugging", under the Title: "From Win 7 to 10, many many crashes"

Was told would not lose any programs that were installed with my computer when it arrived, but I lost MS Word, along with some of its side programs, such as cards, banners, etc. First 10 install it remained, then the next 8 or 9 re-installs etc, it never showed up again, and I was told by MS to buy my own copy. All in my post.

Good luck to you.

Ask a Question