Crashing to Reboot

Reaction score
Lately, every so often my PC has been crashing and then rebooting itself, I am at a loss on where the issue may be and where the best place to start troubleshooting is, I have also been having a few other problems, FPS drops, Nvidia driver crashes. Im not sure if GPU issues may be causing these crash/reboots.

Any help on where I should start looking to troubleshoot would be very helpful, and if any additional information is needed please let me know and I will post the information.

Reaction score
Hello Prizna,

In scenarios that you are facing, its imperative that we know the error code that we are getting. Without the error code/codes, its like shooting in the dark.

In order for use to get the BDOS code disabling the automatic restart option will help us get the error code.

Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:
  1. In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
  2. Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    Figure : System Properties window
    c04778888.jpg
  3. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    Figure : Automatically restart check box
    c04778889.jpg
  4. Restart the computer.
Next time these is a blue screen, the computer wont reboot. It would stay on the blue screen.
There are 2 things that we would need. 1: stop error code and 2: faulting file name.
These 2 things will help narrow down the issue.

Apart from that, check and ensure that you have all the latest drivers installed. Check with motherboard manufacturer for BIOS update.

All the best

Reaction score
Thanks,

It didn't seem to be a BSOD crash as I never actually saw a BSOD, but I will make the changes anyway in case and report back the next time it happens.

thanks,

Ask a Question