Laptop crashing every few minutes

HCC

Reaction score
When I am workiing on anything, the screen goes black. I can only get it back by pressing the on/off button and clicking the date and the wecome screen. At this point what I was working on comes back. It goes again within minutes.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can only get it back by pressing the on/off button and clicking the date and the wecome screen
That is typically how you would recover from a sleep and or hibernate condition.
Check your advanced power settings with respect to time intervals involving sleep / hibernate.

Reaction score
Configuraton system fail to intitialize.PNG
Good Morning Every one

I'm encountering an issue with my dell lap top when booting up: The Screen Blinks repeatedly and it takes several minutes before allowing to sign in. Once it allow me to sign in and fully boots up windows, an error appears displaying a upside down little yellow box stating, system failed to initialize. Please give some pointers to trouble shoot this problem.

Thanks very much

Last edited:
Reaction score
You don't say which Dell system you have, and it might make a difference, but are you able to run the boot diagnostics?

The box says another instance of something is running. You might check your startup tab in Task Manager and see if you see two of the same thing listed. If the screen is blinking, perhaps a video driver problem.

Any messages in the Event Viewer around the time the problems occur?

Are you seeing any dump files and check the Windows\LiveKernelReports folder for additional ones.

Any history on the machine as to any prior problems being corrected.

Ask a Question