Latest update keeps laptop crashing

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I update my windows 10 on monday, 07/08/17, and since then I have been encountering lots of problems. I have a toshiba satellite L50 for 2 years now.
After this update my computer has randomly restarted, didn't recognise usb driver which lead to a blue screen once I tried to restart it, the keyboard stopped working all of a sudden shortly after I turn on the computer, and most recently the problem has been with wifi (the connection keeps falling and then I can't access the settings for a while or see available networks) paired with google chrome not responding just by opening it or trying to use a second tab (firefox seemed to be okay). The last time it stopped responding, there was a blue screen with the following error "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR". After this restart, I checked task manager right after startup and the disk was at 100% with most of the processes at 0MB/s or very slow rates.
I'm really not sure what to do, is there anyone who can help me solving this?

Reaction score
or uninstall that update, go to update catalog and download it and run it manually sounds like there were issues with the update download. Search for it by the KB number, uninstall it from update history

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
Your latest error.... Windows Hardware Error Architecture (UNCORRECTABLE ERROR) along with some of the other things mentioned in your OP might suggest that indeed, you have a hardware issue.
IT could be a driver problem, where a driver is either unavailable or corrupt and needs attention or may even be a BIOS issue (check with the manufacturer with specifics as to your exact model number) or even a separate firmware problem with an SSD perhaps that needs updating.

I think that going to the Toshiba support site and seeing what they might have available for your satellite L50
http://support.toshiba.com/drivers
"L50" I believe is a "series" of Toshiba laptops and I suspect that you will need to determine the full model number
http://support.toshiba.com/sscontent?contentId=4007069

With that additional information you can at least see more accurately what they have for drivers as well as firmware (BIOS) updates for your specific computer.

Ask a Question