Latest update

Reaction score
Since the latest Win 10 update a couple of days ago, YouTube videos have been slow to download and playback stops waits to catch up. I have Google fiber and my download and upload speeds are very close to 1Gbps. Any ideas about what may have been changed in the latest Win 10 update to cause this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Which Browser?

Wireless?

You might try disconnecting from the network and reconnecting or reboot all components.

Reaction score
Which Browser?

Wireless?

You might try disconnecting from the network and reconnecting or reboot all components.

Browser is Chrome and has been for years. Wired directly to Google 1Gbps router connected over Google Fiber. Test speeds are over 900Mbps, upload and download. Computer is re-booted daily and the router has been re-booted today. Problem started since latest Win 10 update a couple of days ago.

Reaction score
I was hoping someone else may come along with suggestions, so I will try.

Do you watch the wireless performance in the Task Manager while this situation is happening? Do you notice the stream being interrupted or modified and not consistent? Does pausing the stream make any difference and do you show a buffer when watching the videos?

Do you have any settings related to QoS or bandwidth management that might be interfering?

Has there been any settings on your system or router where you set download speed limits? Since you have such a high Internet speed, does that need to be restricted.

I am reluctant to get involved with Networking problems because there are so many areas which might be involved. A Windows update can change settings you may not see or effect other software or even system performance which can cause problems.

On top of that, in many instances, just making some change may not be effective until something has been restarted or rebooted.

If you use Chrome, I would hope you would try other Browsers just to test.

Ask a Question