SOLVED Windows keeps crashing and rebooting

Reaction score
Hi, my screen freezes and crash. Once i try to reboot, a blank screen appears which asks me to chooose a reboot sevice and press any key. My computer crashes a few times every 15 mins. Please help. Right now i have tried to update the windows 10. And problem still presisted. I downgraded back to windows 8.1 and its not wokring well neither. As i try to upgrade back to 10. An error presists. Please help with the problem i am having right now as i have an assignment to complete. Thank you in advance for your support. i am currently on mobile. Not able to upload any image for problem resolving convenience.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It is not clear from your post as to whether you are currently running Windows 8 or Windows 10. Which ever..... I suspect that a refresh (Windows 8) or a reset (Windows 8 and 10), may be required and may not even then fully fix you issues. You may have to consider either a factory reset if your computer manufacturer included a means to do so or a custom clean install from installation media (Windows 8 or 10) to set things right again.

IMPORTANT: I think that what ever you decide to do from this point on, going forward, you should make sure to backup any critical data and make sure you have access to your needed programs installation media and associated product keys.
You can use a Linux distro Live CD to boot your computer and copy off any critical data to an external resource.

Reaction score
Hi, First of all thank you for your reply. Apologies for lack of clarity. I have downgraded from Windows 10 to 8.1 now, as 10 had frequent crash (every 15mins) . Once i have downgraded to 8.1, i am not able to update windows. Program files do haven error codes detected. I have done the factory reset, the it says my disk has some issues have that there is a need for repair. However, the repair cannot be completed. Is this an issue related to my software or hardware?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
my disk has some issues have that there is a need for repair. However, the repair cannot be completed.
I have no idea what might be wrong with your disk or why you are receiving that information or from where.
I suppose it is possible that with what you've done so far that you may have an issue with free space.
You might start by checking to see if there is sufficient free space on your disk 20% is pretty important for typical disk utilities to work properly.

Reaction score
It seems error d0000452 have shown up while i was doing factory reset. I ak sure that my disk space have more than 60% free space.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It seems error d0000452 have shown up while i was doing factory reset.
That might indicate disk corruption, maybe even corruption in the factory restore partition.
You may need to contact the manufacturer and see if they can provide the factory reset media on DVD for your specific Model PC.
If it is still under warranty then it will be free, if it is outside the warranty then there will likely be a nominal fee.

In the mean time if you have a means of removing the hard disk and attaching it to another machine, you can try using the second machine to run the Native Check Disk Utility to see if it reports any errors on the drive.
Additionally you may want to use the free edition of http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
To test the system memory.

You're going to have to start with the hardware and determine what might be causing the data corruption.
There may be something physically wrong with the hard disk or it could be elsewhere.

Reaction score
Hi, you are right, the disk is corrupted i would need to get a factory restore partition. Which i managed to. Thank you for your help and guidance :)

Ask a Question