Create image in Windows 10 Pro- not available?

Reaction score
I can not find the icon for the creation of a backup image- it seems to work however via the Control panel for Windows 7- how come?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Ake,

When you open Control Panel select View by large icons in the top right of window.

From here click Recovery, then in the window that opens click Create a recovery drive.

Alternately, from your Desktop simply click the Search box and type Create a recovery drive then press Enter key

Reaction score
You can also go to Settings - Update&Security - Backup - Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).

As Regedit32 mentions, you will need a recovery drive or some other install media to boot if you system is not bootable.

Reaction score
Yeah, thats how I did it as you see from my question. But I find it peculiar that it says Windows 7 in brackets.
There was an icon I could tight to the Activity field, but it seems to have disapeared in W10Pro.

Reaction score
They have changed how you get to the utility several times in the last two years, but it has always been identified as Windows 7. Anyway, that is what I use.

Currently, if you have a Recovery drive with the System files copied over, you can reinstall your system as far as Win 10 goes. But I don't believe that will recover your personal programs and data. So using a System Image is the only way I know of to put your system back just like it is..

Ask a Question