Create Restore Point

Reaction score
Why does Win 10 seem to downplay the Win 7 restore point option? What else does Win 10 have to compare with the easy fix for a bad download or some inadvertant error? Any comments on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Wavelength.

Reaction score
Yea Wolfie, I use it too, but win 10 seems to treat it as an after thought and would rather you use one of the reset options. As you know, this is a hassle because all your programs have to be reloaded. It seems they would put 'restore' up front as the first option instead of burying it under a layer or two. Thanks for the post. Cheers, Wavelength.

Reaction score
Probably because it sometimes causes more issues than it solves. I've had a few instances where it's simply not fixed the issue or just not complete. Even once causing a boot loop. It's saved my butt a few times, but it is a real poor tool that has seemed to get worse over the years. Best thing to do is keep a backup image using a 3rd party backup tool.

Reaction score
I have never used any other tool than Windows Restore myself, I have had problems with it sometimes but most of the time it does work for me!. :)

Reaction score
Hi

I recomend that you create a systim image using EaseUS TODO backup and recovery.
It creates a backup that will restore the C:\ drive to exactly the way it was includding the Boot Sector.

It's free, I've been using it for years and it has always worked for me.

I make a new backup every month or so and keep the last on in addition.

It will make a Flash Drive or DVD that will boot your computer and run the recovery.

On my computer where I've made a issue out of keeping my C:\ drive as small as posible it only takes about 20 minutes to recover tha drive.

You might also want to look at...
Restore Point Creator, a small program that lets you make restore points and manage them, I've used it for years too.

Mike

Reaction score
I agree the best way to recover from a mistake, or bad WU or whatever has you OS ailing is to just restore a backup image of C: partition. I keep both Disk/SSD Images and C: Partition Images full drive images come in if our boot sector becomes corrupt or a drive/SSD fails. I've used different back up programs over the years and have settled since UEFI came along on Macrium Reflect the Free eddition is all that is required for disk or partition images. Many of us have never had a failure to restore a working booting System. I won't comment on any other back up programs since I don't have experince with any other than Acrounis THI which failed me many times before and after UEFI came along.
Since Windows 10 has come about it seems the Resore Point method has not been reliable and most of us have just quit using it. Windows backup I believe has been dropped by MS altogether.
Full Tutorial on how to back up and Restore using Marcium Reflect

Ask a Question