Creating applications in Windows?

Reaction score
I am getting pretty good at the basics of command line based applications. With that said I am looking into creating GUI applications of my own. On Linux it was as simple as installing PyGTK or PyGo objects.

To my surprise those are not exactly available on windows 10. So the big question is what can I use to create normal applications? Surely there are plenty available due to all the different cross platform software out there. Example GIMP works on windows and that is free software created by those who donate their time to the Linux community.

So guys, what is available on windows that I can learn for making applications?

Reaction score
I am getting pretty good at the basics of command line based applications. With that said I am looking into creating GUI applications of my own. On Linux it was as simple as installing PyGTK or PyGo objects.

To my surprise those are not exactly available on windows 10. So the big question is what chi. there's microsoft visual studio community 2015, and soon will be visual studio 2017, community, for free, let's you create, windows azure, ios, android, and get the xamerim sdk, i use visual studio 2015 community, and a blind it programming student, and using the jaws for windows screen reader from http://www.freedomscientific.com, and also sql server express, or developer 2016, and also if you are using a mac, visual studio for the amc, will be released soon, for java, there's eclipse editor, signwin, c and c++, adobe dreamweaver for creating web sites and web applications. hope that's help. marvin from adelaide, australia.I use to create normal applications? Surely there are plenty available due to all the different cross platform software out there. Example GIMP works on windows and that is free software created by those who donate their time to the Linux community.

So guys, what is available on windows that I can learn for making applications?

Reaction score
ahi. okay, using visual studio 2015, which will allow you to create windows, 8.1, 10, windows destop applications, console applications, apps, and also sql server, xamerim, ios, and android. and also there's 2017 coming soon, and also visual studio for the mac, there's eclipse for java, sigwin for c / c++. hope that helps. marvin. ps: using visual studio community 2016, and using a screen reader jaws for windows from http://www.freedomscientific.com, as a totally blind programming student.

Reaction score
There is a free version of Visual Studio for students and individual developers

Ask a Question