SOLVED CRITICAL: downgrading to 7 o help to force reset the actual 10

A

anon_jd

HI , I have a very serious problem, today I decided to upgrade my HP G6 from 7 to 10 Home, the installation took like 3/4 hours, my first impression was Okey, but I have a very critical problem, I can't load the Start menu clicking on the windows logo neither pushing the windows button D:, I heard to change some thing in regedit of a StartMenu (I don't remember it well) from 1 to 0 in the value box, and then reboot, I applied, rebooted, and now my contextual button doesn't work and collapses the pc ;(, I didn't change anything more, but the navigation bar keeps reseting everytime, and I can't even drop files from folders without crashing pc, here is where I need help, I could enter Control Panel successfuly through navigating folders and get on it, I tried to go to copy and restore but there isn't any restauration point, and I heard to go back to 7 you have to enter to a new menu named :"settings" and guess what? Is on start menu and it's ******* impossible to get on it, I want a keyboard combination if it's possible to enter to this menu, or a way to reset windows on Control Panel to 0, or from bios or anywhere, I just can let media creation tool download 10 again bc it's take so much time, please help me to solve this or I will have to pay for an expensive repair :( the problem is just on the menu not showing and not being able to reset neither downgrade, thanks inb4 and someone help me pls

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It's a bit hard to understand your actual question but it seems like you want to get to the "Settings" app, so you can roll back or reset or something.
If you have the notification icon in the bottom right of your screen you can click that and choose "All Settings"
OR
WinKey + S and just type settings and hit enter
OR
WinKey + E and the ICON bar has an "Open Settings" icon there as well.

A

anon_jd

It's a bit hard to understand your actual question but it seems like you want to get to the "Settings" app, so you can roll back or reset or something.
If you have the notification icon in the bottom right of your screen you can click that and choose "All Settings"
OR
OR
I'll try this... I will feedback, thanks inb4

A

anon_jd

OR
OR

This is how my pc reactions using the method you said: Error grave de Windows 10 parte 2:

Seems like isnt even installed the settings app lmao... Now the thing Is on if there's a way to reset the sw on bios or via hardware, or do I just send my pc to a repair center and lose the money I will never forgive windows for this lie of software..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you hold the Windows Logo Key on the bottom right of your keyboard and hit the "I" key
What happens?

A

anon_jd

This is what the pc displays:
Ck6Vw97.jpg

No response at all, I'm now just trying to download back media creation tool and make a clean install, one question, what will happen with office? Do I have to buy now another licence or what?

A

anon_jd

Good news, after I entered my mom's user, it was working the same in her user too, I tried to enter recovery using f11 but failed, then I rebooted like twice, and mysteriously the Start menu and the search bar + store and edge displayed at the moment, but everything was laggy, luckily I entered the reset option and atm in reseting it I'll give more info when it's done

A

anon_jd

I could successfully reset the PC from 0, and now it works perfectly, I'm super satisfied, better performance and experience

Ask a Question