ctrl c ctrl v not working

Reaction score
The problems I have are my ctrl c and v aren't working. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing works. Second, my computer shuts down but fans stay running sometimes. Usually, after it's been idle for a long time, like in the morning when I get back on it. Usually, it reboots after it does this but sometimes it doesn't.

Reaction score
You may have a bad CTRL key that you are using try using the one on the other end of the keyboard. If that doesn't work then you may have a bad keyboard. If you have another try it or barrow one from a friend to troubleshoot the problem. Sounds like the system is overheating after it sits for a while. Check and clean all air vents and if is a desktop open it up and vaccum the inside out carefully.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a new keyboard. Did it on the old one too. I set up an AHK script to use ctrl+ins/shift+ins in its place. It's not even getting close to overheating. I've checked all that. It usually does it about 30 minutes after I get back on it in the morning or if I've left it alone for hours. Something that might scare most people away, I'm running build 21359.1 (Insider Dev build) I think it's responsible for the ctrl c/v even tho I've done a repair install. I thought the rebooting thing was the power supply going out but I've changed that lol. Wanted a stronger one for a new video card, Good luck finding one tho. When it doesn't reboot, and it's 50/50 if it does or not, I have to turn it off at the power supply to reboot it.

Ask a Question