curious about wait for upgrade

Reaction score
So all of my computers have upgraded to Win 10 and working well all in all .. except 1 .. still waiting ..

Now the odd thing is .. this computer had absolutely the least stuff on it .. its really not much more than
a fresh install of 8.1 pro with media centre .

the only thing this computer has - its an older desktop ASUS Maixmus Formula II - are 2 LG drives - one a CD/DVD rewriter and the other LG a Blu-Ray DVD drive .. I am beginning to think that's it is these drives (maybe the latter) that are delaying the upgrade - drivers are just not available for them ..

Anyone with experience with upgrade and these drives?

Reaction score
I have seen your name in these forum.
I am quite certain you have read about installing Win 10 by using Media Creation Download Tool.
So, why don't you give it a try instead of waiting for Windows Update ?

Reaction score
Sure - I did the ISO install of the Preview etc .. so could do all that - BUT - I went the preview route to make sure I thought I knew how Win 10 install would affect (or not as is the case) my installed software, etc. Once I had determined that I should keep my set-up as is (I would not have upgraded any of my computers had I needed to re-install stuff) I wanted to wait for Microsoft to give the go ahead because I wanted as much a guarantee as I could get that the process would be smooth - and on the 4 machines that have upgraded it has gone very well .. small issues here and there .. but the biggest problems I have with Win 10 is not the install but simply the behavior, the offerings etc of the software itself .. Given how well the install went for the other machines - I was prepared to wait for this last one as well .. Just not quite sure what the hold up is .. its a pretty bare bones box ..

Ask a Question