Current software with Windows 7 Home Premiumhe

Reaction score
I wish to upgrade to Windows 10 but I am extremely worried that the following programs that I use regularly will be compatible with 10. I am now in my 70's and have been using the internet since it began as a BBS System, however it's all going so fast now that I worry that I will not be quick brained enough to adjust the computer should there be any problems with the following programs. Quicken Cashbook 2003 - Mozilla Thunderbird - Roots Magic 7 - Calibre Book Reader - Kindle - Essential PIM and Dimage Viewer (Camera program) I would be most grateful for your advice.

Reaction score
Thunderbird, Kindle-for-PC and Calibre work perfectly on W10. I use all three of them and when I moved to W10 from W7 they just continued to work...they have been updated since. There is a thread on the forum about Quicken. Don't know about the rest.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might want to double check with the actual software vendor as to which version you have of any particular software product and whether or not it may or may not be compatible with Windows 10. They may have some suggestions as to whether it is or isn't and if there might be an option to upgrade to a version that is.
Whatever you decide, before going forward I strongly recommend that you take the time to create a disk image of your hard drive to make sure that you have a strong fall back option in the event that things do not go as planned.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Ask a Question