SOLVED Delete folders and all files within them

Reaction score
I need a script that will delete all the folders (and files within those folders).

I need to delete folders called "temp" and "Temp" from a folder and all it's child folders.

I'm using Windows PowerShell 5.1

please post a script and use the -WhatIf

I am not a technician or a programmer, so please list it as though you were speaking to a child.

Reaction score
I've studied on this some and all I come up with is one problem with such a script, namely many folders will have a desktop.ini file in them and as a system file will require admin confirmation for deleting, might be difficult adding that to a script.

Reaction score
I've studied on this some and all I come up with is one problem with such a script, namely many folders will have a desktop.ini file in them and as a system file will require admin confirmation for deleting, might be difficult adding that to a script.

I will research the issue some more using Google and c what I come up with

Thanks

Reaction score
Is there a cmdlet that I could use to find all .ini files within folders and subfolders so that I could use that cmdlet to delete them then just add that line of code first before writing the rest of the script?

Reaction score
A Search for desktop.ini or any other file can bring up a list of what is found but will include any/all folders the term is found in.

Ask a Question