Dell Alienware Aurora R7 Cooling Help

Reaction score
Hi all, as described i have an Aurora R7 in stock case with an I5 8400 Cpu and stock Dell air cooler on it. One of the major issues with these systems is the case design and the way the power supply sits right over the cpu cooler with very little space to breathe.
It looks like Water cooling would be a more efficient way for this system, some did have the water cooler, 2018 ver, 120mm, which would be perfect and works, however it seems fairly impossible to get these now as i want a brand new one not pre-owned that might not last long. I have seen the corsair H60x is the current model, and im wondering if anyone has any experience with Alienware models and if this cooler or indeed any other 120mm cooler would work with my R7?
There is an issue with fan recognition which make the air cooling route a bit difficult, something to do with fan compatability, and thatd probably be the case with the radiator fan on a water cooler, however as itd be fitting in where my 120mm Dell top fan is, ill just replace the radiator fan with the dell fan.
Any advice on a compatible preferable cheap- 120mm water cooler greatly accepted, many thanks.

Ask a Question