Dell Support Assist not working

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 computer. When I try to run Dell Support Assist, I get an error message that says:
This is taking longer than expected, restart your computer and try again. Well, I have restarted my computer several times, but I keep getting the same error message. I have also gone to app settings on Support Assist, and clicked on Terminate, Repair, and Reset, but it still doesn't work. Is there a way that I can fix this?

Also, is there an app out there, that is as good as, or better than, Support Assist?

Thank you.

ASSIST.png

Reaction score
I have the same version on a Vostro 5890 and seems to be taken longer to open but then it most likely is doing an update to the program. Did a reboot and getting the same message now.

1682736970513.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any results from your other post? Let both of mine rest overnight and got updated this morning and I attribute the issue to bandwidth slowing things down. Other than that I've had no issues with SupportAssist on my Oct. '21 Vostro 3400 Notebook and April '22 Vostro 5890 Desktop.

Ask a Question