Dell xps 8700 fully mod-able.

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this on here. I bought a dell xps 8700 back in 2013. As a pre built to run diablo 3 when it came out. 3 yrs later better game that require very expensive built rigs are comming out. I made this post for anyone who has an xps 8700. Mine came with the i5. And a 1gb video card. A bit about these pc's they have 1 pci-e slot. Can take up to 32gb ddr3 ram. (4 slots) they have a 460 watt psu. I bought mine as a demo in 13. And paid $400 for it. Normally a $800+ pc. I decided to start upgrading it.. lots of Internet saying it is not upgradable. But it is! I've installed a evga gforce gtx 970 ssc video card and 32 gb of rip jaw ram. This pc also already has the 2 extra power plugs for an added video card! All I had to do was update dell to the newest bios (free) on their website dell support. The card runs great! This setup I'm running RUST at 120FPS on low settings and 60 to 80 FPS on absolute max everything settings. Before the upgrade I was getting 9 fps on low! BTW the factory psu is doing the job no problem. Gpu running at 50 deg c at full load.

Ask a Question