DisplayLink -Dell XPS 13

Reaction score
Since installing the Windows 10 release candidate and updating to build 9926 I cannot get DisplayLink to work at all.

I have tried the Windows 10 Alpha drivers from DisplayLink but no joy. WIndows appears to try to load drivers when I connect the port replicator hub, but despite the keyboard, mouse and USB ports working from this hub, I get no joy on the display.

I have tried 2 different drivers from the DisplayLink web site but neither worked. I used the Displaylink removal tool between installs to ensure a clean install each time.

Any help would be worth its weight in beer!!

Many thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Mitch and welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately I've no help to offer, but.....
I really liked your post, especially the "beer" part, so.....
Hopefully someone will come along and win that prize.
Keeps us posted on any progress. Good luck.

Reaction score
Even though it looked like the Displaylink driver installed via Windows Update, I suffered from the same issue with Displaylink not working via either the built-in mini Displayport or through the Dell USB3 dock. I also had no driver for the gigabit or audio in the dock. It also caused Internet Explorer to crash. Needless to say, I rolled back to 8.1. At least that process was smooth:/

Ask a Question