Desktop Constantly Refreshes

Reaction score
I meant the ISO. It indicates that if I run it I won't be able to revert back to Windows 7??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It is true that if you are currently running Windows 10240 version that you upgraded to, from Windows 7 and use setup.exe from the mounted ISO to upgrade 10240 to 10586 which is the version in the ISO I directed you to, then you won't be able to revert back to Windows 7, as you will have upgraded your upgrade.

You should probably have updated your upgrade version prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 in the first place, it may have alleviated some of the problems you've encountered, although I couldn't say for certain.

Reaction score
Okay, I burned the ISO to a disc. Can I use the disc drive letter as the source?

Reaction score
You should probably have updated your upgrade version prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 in the first place, it may have alleviated some of the problems you've encountered, although I couldn't say for certain.

I was using what MS told me to use for the Upgrade.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you hold the windows logo key and strike the r key and in the run dialog box type
winver
and hit enter or click OK.
I'm assuming again that you acquired the source for the upgrade some time ago and it has remained intact on your computer since you acquired it and it is providing an upgrade of 10240.
But that's just me assuming again.

Reaction score
This is what I get:

upload_2016-6-18_14-44-28.png

Reaction score
Maybe I should revert back to 7 and try to find the latest update to 10?

BTW: the ImgBurn works slick!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If that is what you are getting then you have the latest and greatest version installed already and not need to concern yourself with any other version.
ImgBurn does work well you just right click the ISO and choose open with ImgBurn and basically if you have a writeable DVD in the drive, you just click the burn Icon.
Rufus is pretty good also for creating USB installation media.

Reaction score
Well, the refresh problem isn't as common as it once was so I'll stay with 10 unless some other problems crop up. Ultimately, I can always use the disc I burned of the ISO if I finally want to pull the trigger and perhaps that will cure any problems.

Thanks for all your help!

Reaction score
Two days ago, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desktop PC. Every few minutes, I notice the desktop refreshes so the shortcut icons flash on and off. I did a search and I see a lot of folks have the same problem. I've tried the solutions some have suggested but so far, nothing has corrected the problem. Perhaps there is a solution I have not yet tried.

I had this same problem, went to task manager and saw that Edge is consuming huge chunks of cpu memory. I disabled Edge and solved that problem, however now I cannot open attachments in e-mail, so now working that issue.

Ask a Question