Desktop users.... take heart

Reaction score
I just did my part to bolster desktop stats. I ordered parts for a new build and they should be here Wednesday.

BTW. Newegg is an awesome place to get computer parts. I placed my order and within a couple of minutes had confirmation emails. Exactly 2 hours after a confirmation email I received another with tracking numbers and the boxes were waiting for Fedex and UPS to pick them up. By evening time the packages were in the respective shippers and on the way to me. I've been buying all my computer parts from Newegg for a long time now and have never been disappointed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good for you..... and good luck with the new build.
Keep us posted as to how you progress and the specs on the individual parts as you go.
Maybe even a picture or two.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like to keep two computers up and running. Main computer had an ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard that I suspected was causing a problem taking 30-40 seconds or more to wake from sleep mode. Put in a new ASUS Sabertooth Z97 board using same hardware and problem was solved. Sent the Z87 board to ASUS under warranty and it was returned, hopefully fixed. ASUS didn't include any documentation as to what they did or didn't do so I don't know if the board was faulty or not. At any rate, I decided it's time to update my second computer using the Z87 board. Got a new Core i5 4670 CPU, some new Crucial memory, new ASUS GTX 750Ti GPU and a new Corsair Vengeance Series C70 case. Will move some parts from my current Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow case into the new Corsair case with the new hardware and will replace my second computer with the Thermaltake case which is a really cool case but is rather large and bulky on my desktop. Any old excuse will do for justifying a new computer build :):):)

Ask a Question