Diagnose slow PC windows 10

Reaction score
The PC has always been slow . I have reduced start up programs Start up & changing programs still slow . I look at task manager but do not know how to set up a logging action that will show program use etc over time What makes sense & how to do it please

Reaction score
Hi Davee3,

your computer specs might also help determine why it is slow. Doo you have an old HDD or SSD, CPU and RAM amount too!. ;)

Reaction score
It is an acePC T11 fanless "brick" limited rom 4 gb limited ram 8gb I have an SSD installed as D drive cpu is 1.44 Gb/sec Spec are pretty low but system used to run better I have run disc clean up but will try again
image.png

Reaction score
I have an SSD installed as D drive
Hi,

if you save all your files to an external media source (USB storage device), I would swap the drives around and use the SSD as it will be up to 4 X faster than an older HDD!.

When you re-install and where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!). :)

1612628023515.png

Reaction score
If I understand correctly I need to make my SSD the boot drive in place of the emmc C drive where windows is stored now ? Also move all files to the SSD of course This I think helps when the emmc drive is overwhelmed?

Reaction score
If I understand correctly I need to make my SSD the boot drive in place of the emmc C drive where windows is stored now ?
Yes as the SSD is faster than the EMMC storage device so you will get a speed bump by doing so!. Also, the fact that you have an Atom CPU doesn't help even though it has 4 cores and 4 threads!. I have a very old laptop with a 1.74 CPU with only 2 cores and 2 threads using an SSD over an old SATA HDD which makes all the difference!. :)

Ask a Question