SOLVED Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro

Reaction score
Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting another, but the same account for me saying that the user name or password is incorrect. With the first account that shows, it just asks for my pin. I signed in to the second one asking for correct name and password, and it is identical to the account asking for my pin. I never added a separate or different account. It just started showing up as two available accounts with all settings showing the same after signing in to either of them. First, how do I get rid of the second account? Second, it shows in all the settings and changes I made that I disabled lock screen and sign in, but I am still getting request to sign in after a reboot. I am attaching screen shots of everything I did. Thanks for the help in advance.
cheers.gif

ss5.PNG
ss1.jpg
ss2.JPG
ss3.JPG

ss6.PNG

ss4.jpg

Reaction score
So I checked net user also, and yes it shows the account I want to get rid of, but not my main account. The only other account that shows is my son's guest account, and that's not what I'm looking for. Both my accounts show my name, but the account I want to remove shows a generic person avatar next to it. The account I set up and want to keep has the Windows avatar I gave it but does not show in net user. By the way. The net user screen shows the same info no matter which of the two accounts I sign into. And, it's the second account it always wants me to sign into after a reboot. I just click on the first one and sign in with pin for now.
I just want to get rid of the sign in/lock screen.
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-banghead.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-rant.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-tantrum.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-impatient2.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-pull_hair.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-ohgeez2.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-wtfsign2.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-shake-head.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-why.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-sigh.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-mecry.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-begging.gif
Disabling Lock Screen and Sign in Win 10 Pro-popcorn.gif

361731d1646848562-disabling-lock-screen-sign-win-10-pro-white-flag-2.gif

ss7.PNG

Reaction score
Anyone else? This annoying as all get out. Brand new install with annoying start up problem. Otherwise the computer feels like new again.

PS. Could a mod please approve my last post? Thank you!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyway, thanks for looking. Got this solved at another windows forum...

Soulution:

this method usually works to remove that second Ghost account

Click your Start Button, then just type netplwiz and press Enter

Toggle that check-box for requiring a password to its opposite setting, then restart (not shut down) your PC and then go back in and set that check-box back to its original setting.

Then check if that ghost account has been removed.

Ask a Question