DISM install cap file error

Reaction score
I use cmd to run command line to install powershell, however it failed and message below.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18362.239

An error occurred trying to open - C:\Windows8-RT-KB2799888-x64.cab Error: 0x80070307

Error: 775

The implementation is not capable of performing the request.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Reaction score
Why not try it from CMD prompt? These or the command that I use together they will solve just about any windows 10 issues with the exception of malware and Virus.
You can copy and paste these one at a time some will take quite a while to run with many repairs to make.

If you still can't run these tool from the image on your OS Drive you may have to use an MCT Image there is a tutorial that explains how this is done.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow I ususally run this first and then 2 more times after running the rest of the tools.
chkdsk C: /f

Regedit32

Reaction score
Question!

Why are you attempting to install a Windows 8 cab file for PowerShell onto a Windows 10 platform which already has PowerShell installed?

Another question!

What command did you use on that cab file? Can you post the entire command you used please.

Last question for now!

The command you used. Did you enter this into a elevated command prompt? i.e. Did you run Command Prompt as administrator?

Reaction score
I use cmd to run command line to install powershell, however it failed and message below.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18362.239

An error occurred trying to open - C:\Windows8-RT-KB2799888-x64.cab Error: 0x80070307

Error: 775

The implementation is not capable of performing the request.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
If you are trying to install the cab using Dism the proper command would be:
DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Windows8-RT-KB2799888-x64.cab

Ask a Question