Distorted HDMI to TV picture

Reaction score
I just did a clean install of Win10 in my Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop. The HDMI to AKAI Plasma flatscreen TV picture was ok before, now distorted. See pic:
62A1825B-9181-4D8A-9CFB-E68124B2B76F.jpeg

Anyone have an idea what needs to be done?

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
looks like that the resolution of your laptop does not match the one on your TV. Which resolution are you running?? The TV looks older and might only do 720p...
A resolution of 1024x768 may work

Reaction score
looks like that the resolution of your laptop does not match the one on your TV. Which resolution are you running?? The TV looks older and might only do 720p...
A resolution of 1024x768 may work

Thanks, Grizzly. The problem is that the picture was fine before my hard drive crashed and i had to replace it and reinstall Windows 10. I tried all the resolutions shown in the accompanying pic. None worked.
Resolutions tried - 2-13-20.jpg

Anything else? Thanks.

Reaction score
What about the recommended setting? Does that look better or is it as distorted as in the picture?
It looks like the picture is too big (stretched out)...
Have you changed the settings on the TV (if it is even possible) ?

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

have you tried the recommended settings?(1366 x 768), I assume you have but have to ask!.:)
1581768560125.png

Reaction score
Come on fellows, the ouput from the PC has nothing to do with the TV. the TV is set to a default by HDMI settings, and SHOULD AUTO SET TO ITS MAX SETTINGS... if the TV resolution is distorted then it is the TV issue...
even when my PC is set at 1366 x768 (Recommended) my TV set to its max resolution.... so i suggest he start by doing TV update as per Manufacture allows. I also would check to insure the TV settings are set proper...

Reaction score
Come on fellows, the ouput from the PC has nothing to do with the TV. the TV is set to a default by HDMI settings, and SHOULD AUTO SET TO ITS MAX SETTINGS... if the TV resolution is distorted then it is the TV issue...
even when my PC is set at 1366 x768 (Recommended) my TV set to its max resolution.... so i suggest he start by doing TV update as per Manufacture allows. I also would check to insure the TV settings are set proper...

His AKAI plasma, although an older HDTV, can do resolution of 1280x720 (for a 720p). Usually by default, the connected computer adjusts to the connected monitor not vice versa. So it IS a computer issue. Since his plasma is not a smart tv, in general there will be no software update, at least I have not seen software updates on plasma's in decades ( I fix TV's for a living).

Ask a Question