Driver

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, since I upgrade to windows 10 my DVD/CD driver not working. It is not reading the CD I insert to run and to open to my desk top. I insert the disk in the drive, I hear it spins and nothing happens. No prompt came up for me to open it. I went to auto play in control panel and follow the directions nothing happens. I went to settings , driver and printer, go to auto play, follow the directions nothing happens. My DVD/CD driver use to work before upgrading to windows 10. I never have any problem with it. Know I am told I have to purchase a replacement DVD/CD drive windows 10 compatible. this is ridiculous. I never have NO problem with my laptop, till I download windows 10. I need a solution to know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Right click the start icon and select the "Command Prompt (Admin)"
Copy and paste this script and run it. See if it cures the problem:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Reaction score
As I previous stated, I am not able to use my DVD/CD driver ever since I download windows 10 to my Dell laptop. I have an computer person remote into my laptop and the error message that he came up for my computer quote" I have not been able to find drivers for windows 10 for your computer, just pulled up the dell site, says your PC not work (or parts of it} if you upgrade to windows 10".
He suggest that I will have to purchase a replacement CD/DVD windows 10 compatible for my lap top.
I would like answers why this happens and any suggestion I can do without purchasing a driver for my laptop.
thanks.

Reaction score
Right click the start icon and select the "Command Prompt (Admin)"
Copy and paste this script and run it. See if it cures the problem:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

no change, thanks davehc

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's a registry fix....
Did you reboot your computer afterwards

Ask a Question