Drivers install automatically?

Reaction score
I have just installed windows 10, and when i check my latest installed programs i can se that it installed my graphics driver for my 780 and som high definition audio. But i cannot se any drivers for my cpu, ssd or my motherboard. So my questione is, does those drivers also install automatically or do i have to install manually? My pc does work just as good as with windows 8,1 in games and everything else.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would say that if your computer seems to be working normally then you could safely ignore any additional driver concerns.
At least for now.
An SSD does not usually require any driver, only in some cases a vendor specific and proprietary software product that supports and allows some simple configurations and possibly a means to determine if you are running the latest firmware for it.
Likewise, normally a "CPU" (the actual processor) does not require a specific driver although in some cases there are chipset drivers and software packages that may need some attention like Intel (RST and Mgmt Engine, etc.,) along with some motherboard drivers that may need additional drivers to support their various bus architecture in the case of additional controllers (USB or SATA eSATA) like jMicron, gSATA, or Renesas

Ask a Question