SOLVED DVD drive not working

Reaction score
Hi I have a few problems with this new Windows 10 but for this forum there is a hardwar problem thats I only found out about when trying to use dvd drive to fix windows 10 so here goes:

My dvd drive is a Optiarc dvd rw ad-7261s which I beleive part of Sony family, I can see the drive in file manager and device manager as well as in the devices and printer windows so it should work but if one delves deeper into device manager under properties/event there is a message saying device not migrated even though in device manager it stated device working normal, under the device and printer window when I click on it the message under properties states that drive unavailable. I have even tried the troubleshooting app that comes with windows and it comes back as no problems found. If you put a disk into the drive it whirls away like normal but does nothing I have tried every trick under the sun and in the book to try get this to work but to no avail.

All help and advice would be appreciated

Reaction score
Morning I have bought another dvd drive which I will be installing tonight to see whether my present drive has died so will keep you posted but so far still no joy on this fault so now have copied what is in the events section of the drive in device manager:

Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_Optiarc&Prod_DVD_RW_AD-7261S\4&f58e17d&0&000000 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CDROM&VEN_MAGICISO&PROD_VIRTUAL_DVD-ROM&REV_1.0A\1&2AFD7D61&0&0000
Class Guid: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FC000000F020
Present: false

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem because if the new drive does not solve problem then this weekend I say goodbye to windows 10 :-(

Reaction score
Hi all just an update on this problem I bought another new dvd drive and low and behold it worked so hopefully now problem is solved and with the amount of people loosing the dvd drive after upgrade looks like windows 10 is killing off dvd drives, I am going to leave this unsolved at the minute in case more problems with dvd occure

Ask a Question