Eliminating sign-in password on Windows10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you using a Microsoft Account / Windows Live ID to login to your computer or are you using a simple local account that is not in anyway associated with or linked to a Microsoft Account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then no....
If the advice in Ian's article referencing using the netplwiz settings does not work for you, then you're at a full stop.
A Microsoft account, being what it is, requires a password globally and as such, even if you are successful in using netplwiz to get around the need to enter it each time you log in, it is still there.
Your only other option would be to create a new local user as a member of the local administrator's group (not a standard user). That does not require a password and can be left blank if you so desire, contrary to every security best practices documentation I have ever read.

Reaction score
Thank you Ian, it did work for me! I just downloaded Windows10 today and will be back with more questions.:)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
On behalf if @Ian
You're welcome.
His article has proved to be helpful to many. Although as I remarked earlier, some have reported that it has not worked for them, so.....
I'm very glad to hear that it did work for you.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question