Email: Wrong Display Name

Reaction score
Have you tried selecting the two small figures at the bottom of the New Mail page, scroll down to JoePryce, and click, and then select the small pencil at the top (edit) This seems to give me the option to change the display name etc.
We must be looking at different page formats. On mine, there is nothing at the bottom of the New Mail page - all commands and menu items are at the top. That being the case, I searched everything at the top looking for the pencil (edit) - but could find nothing.

When Outlook inserts Joe Price as the display name - it allows me to over-type it with Joe Pryce - but then it refuses to send the email - even though Joe Pryce is the legitimate entry from my Contact List.

Reaction score
My Apologies! It is on the opening (inbox) page

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
My Apologies! It is on the opening (inbox) page

View attachment 4989
Well ... it sounded very promising, I was hoping ... but that icon linked me back to my Contact List where the name is spelled correctly. And if Outlook was pulling the display name from there, as you would expect, my problem would be at an end. Thanks for your help though.

This problem is beginning to shape up as a deficiency in Outlook's programming which can only be fixed by correcting the programming.

Last edited:

Ask a Question