Epson Perfection 1250 scanner does not run under Windows 10 64 bit

Reaction score
Hi

I was trying to make my Epson Perfection 1250 scanner work under Windows 10 64 bit. The closest I have come was when I installed a driver (VueScan), which, admittedly, is free to download, but produces pages with watermarks all over, at least as long as you have not purchased it.

Does anyone know if there is free software available that will make my scanner run under the 64-bit Windows 10? I do not use my scanner that much, so I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on software for an old scanner.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jeppe,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you installed the latest Event Manager for your model?

Released on 14 April 2017
https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson18709.exe

If not, download, and once saved, right-click on the download and Run as administrator. Make sure to allow it to run through the Windows Firewall [ this option will be the last screen you see during installation; just remember to check the box! ]

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32.

How would Event Manager improve my chances of having my scanner run under Windows 10 64 bit?

Reaction score
imho $29.95 does not seem like a lot of money for an old scanner. That Vuescan is a good product. I used it to revitalize an ancient Canon scanner for Windows 10 for a friend.

Reaction score
imho $29.95 does not seem like a lot of money for an old scanner. That Vuescan is a good product. I used it to revitalize an ancient Canon scanner for Windows 10 for a friend.
I agree, Tim Locke, 30 dollars may not seem a lot of money, especially if you already have the scanner that would fulfill your scanning needs for many years to come, if driver problems had not got in the way. However, $ 30 (Hamrock.com says $40) is the price of VueScan only if you are satisfied with the sheer basics, viz. flatbed scanning and 1 year of free upgrades. If you need to be capable of slide scanning, OCR, and so-called advanced features plus lifetime upgrades, the price is $ 90.

Reaction score
even if it is a long time ago.... i solved the problem by creating a Vista VMware Workstation and installing the epson12242 driver.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, stevekzian, and congratulations on your success. I'm not keen on grappling with a solution involving the creation of a Vista virtual machine, though :).

Reaction score
i can understand it :)
all of this was done with a few clicks here and there and zero special knowledge.
thanks for your kind appreciation.

Reaction score
Have you tried installing the driver (if .exe file) using compatibility mode?

Reaction score
@Bastet : tried several drivers also in compatibility mode and 32/64bit. unfortunately all these attempts were unsuccessful. if you have had experienced other results, please share them here :)

Reaction score

Ask a Question