SOLVED EPSON R300 DRIVER

Reaction score
I was able to fix the Windows 10 update for my R300, But it will not write on a DVD.

Reaction score
Hello Tom 06.Many thanks for your tip it worked for me, and as Borislav points out ink levels are a minor problem!!
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi Sandoug,

I had the same problem and have found a solution from another forum:

Windows10 Control Panel
-> Open 'Devices and Printers'
-> Click 'Add a Printer', which is a button found at the top of the window
-> Click 'The printer that I want isn't listed', at the bottom of the window
-> Select 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings'
-> Select 'Use an existing port: USB0001 (Virtual printer port for USB)'
-> Select 'EPSON' in the left window and 'Epson Stylus Photo R300 (M)' in the right window
-> Select 'Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended)'
-> Chose a name for the printer

It should then appear on your printers and devices and work properly..!

Thanks Tom06 - worked like a charm! Just wondering if you have got the CD/DVD printing to work as well? I'm working on it, but if you have any suggestions..

Reaction score
Greetings. "Forced" to transfer to Win 10 a couple of months ago. Have tried the method described above, and it appears to install OK, but as soon as I try to print with the R300 I get a message that theprinter is "offline". The window to allow selection of type of print and paper type etc is displayed if requested.
System - Windows 10 Home; 64 bit OS; Version 1607; OS Build 14393.1593
Any help woould be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi Sandoug,

Windows10 Control Panel
-> Select 'EPSON' in the left window and 'Epson Stylus Photo R300 (M)' in the right window

OMG - this worked!!!! I have spent hours on the phone with both Epson and Microsoft support and they had no clue :( Thanks so very much!!

Reaction score
I tried 'Tom06's method but the r300 (M) wasn't in the right window so I used 'Trouble's method first.
This is what worked for me. I also got the ink levels working.

Use Internet Explorer and go here
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Epson Stylus Photo R300
The slightly larger of the two drivers available (4.7 MB) is for 64 bit versions of Windows, while the smaller (4.6 MB) is for 32 bit versions of Windows. Be sure to choose the correct version for your system architecture.
Download it put it in a new folder on your desktop.
That will provide a folder containing
AMD64-all-5098_a1b99bb764e2c49ac8170f9e96164a608254a9e5.cab
NOW
You need to install something like 7zip from here http://www.7-zip.org/
After you have that installed it will add a 7zip feature to your right click context menu.
Right click the cabinet file and select 7zip -> extract here
That will provide you the prnep00d.inf file that you will need to browse to.

Windows10 Control Panel
-> Click 'Have Disk'
-> Click 'Browse' and select the folder you downloaded and extracted the above 'cab file' to
which should contain the prnep00d.inf file.
-> Select 'next'

Once installed you can get the familar 'Printing Prefrences' box up by:

-> Open 'Control Panel'
-> Select 'Devices and Printers'
-> Right click 'Epson Stylus Photo R300 (M)'
-> and choose 'Printing Prefrences'
-> click 'Ink Levels'

You know the rest. Dont know how to get it to show up in the task bar how it used to but hey it's working.

Reaction score
Update.... here's how to put a shortcut to 'Printer Prefrences' on your desktop:

-> open 'Control Panel'
-> Under 'Hardware and Sound' click on 'View devices and printers'
-> Right click on 'Epson Stylus Photo R300 (M)' and select 'Open'
-> Right click on 'Adjust print options' and select 'create shortcut'
-> select 'Yes' to 'Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want
the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?

Just double click this shortcut to set your print prefrences and monitor ink
before your print job.

Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have done all the suggested fixes but no luck. It installs it as USB2.0 MFP(Hi-Speed).
Would like to know what Microsoft say.
this is what im getting. i been on the phone to microsoft for two days after i had to reinstall windows 10 because their update removed some of my programs. now i got no printer and they telling me to contact hewlett packard after trying to locate and find the correct driver for stylus r300. they leave me holding the baby and now they passing the baby at the same time. im furious. it ruined my christmas completely. first need do system restore because of update remove my programs . then i got no computer for 8 days after system restore because of update . now i got no printer. was working fine before. now cant get driver. are they going to buy me a new printer now. ???????????. ????????.

Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have done all the suggested fixes but no luck. It installs it as USB2.0 MFP(Hi-Speed).
Would like to know what Microsoft say.
this is what im getting. i been on the phone to microsoft for two days after i had to reinstall windows 10 because their update removed some of my programs. now i got no printer and they telling me to contact hewlett packard after trying to locate and find the correct driver for stylus r300. they leave me holding the baby and now they passing the baby at the same time. im furious. it ruined my christmas completely. first need do system restore because of update remove my programs . then i got no computer for 8 days after system restore because of update . now i got no printer. was working fine before. now cant get driver. are they going to buy me a new printer now. ???????????. ????????.

Reaction score
Hi Sandoug,

Windows10 Control Panel

wow .. !!!!!!!!!!.. brilliant stuff tom06 .. !!!!!!!!.. thank you so much.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. after 10 days worth of hell and a ruined christmas .. from a windows update removing some of my my desktop programs and then me doing a system restore to get them back.. to then getting a blue screen of death and a stop code critical process died message.. to then having no computer for around 8 days.. to then spending hours trying to fix it all myself.. to then trying to converse with microsoft over the phone about it all .. to then being told i need another computer and a usb stick so that microsoft can then re install windows 10 for me.. .to then scrounging around for 5 days for someone to borrow me a computer.. to then two days worth of microsoft remote accessing and trying to put it all back together so that i dont lose any of my personal files.. to then another two days worth of me reinstalling my own programs and apps.. to then finding out my printer is now not working.. to then another two days worth of hell on the phone about it to microsoft.. to then them not being much help at all and basically not being able to solve the problem or fix it at all.. to then me doing my own research stumbling upon your own post and then thinking.. well i got nothing to lose now.. !!.. to then trying your fix and to then.. !!.. finally i have my printer back.. !!!!!!!.. well done tom 06.. well done tom 06. thank you so much. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Sandoug,

Windows10 Control Panel

wow .. !!!!!!!!!!.. brilliant stuff tom06 .. !!!!!!!!.. thank you so much.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. after 10 days worth of hell and a ruined christmas .. from a windows update removing some of my my desktop programs and then me doing a system restore to get them back.. to then getting a blue screen of death and a stop code critical process died message.. to then having no computer for around 8 days.. to then spending hours trying to fix it all myself.. to then trying to converse with microsoft over the phone about it all .. to then being told i need another computer and a usb stick so that microsoft can then re install windows 10 for me.. .to then scrounging around for 5 days for someone to borrow me a computer.. to then two days worth of microsoft remote accessing and trying to put it all back together so that i dont lose any of my personal files.. to then another two days worth of me reinstalling my own programs and apps.. to then finding out my printer is now not working.. to then another two days worth of hell on the phone about it to microsoft.. to then them not being much help at all and basically not being able to solve the problem or fix it at all.. to then me doing my own research stumbling upon your own post and then thinking.. well i got nothing to lose now.. !!.. to then trying your fix and to then.. !!.. finally i have my printer back.. !!!!!!!.. well done tom 06.. well done tom 06. thank you so much. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just followed the above, got my printer to show up, but I get an error when I try to print. Any ideas please?

Ask a Question