Error code 0xc0000225

Reaction score
I have recently bought this dell inspirion 11-3162 and today when I logged in it was in a your PC ran into a problem loop then I watched a video using the command prompt to fix it and now this shows up and I am unsure of what to do

Attachments

• 1505433641514-275414613.jpg
    1505433641514-275414613.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 689

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure about what video you may have watch and tried fixing the initial problem, but.....
The current screen image you attached would indicate a problem with the Windows Registry.
Good place to try a System Restore
Boot from the installation media after the initial page you will see a Repair your computer link,

RepairYourComputer.png

click that and use the Advanced Troubleshooting Options and use that to perform a System Restore to a point prior to your attempted fix and the initial problem first occurring

Last edited:
Reaction score
The attached image is the only thing that shows when I turn it on the registry file is missing or contains error and the operating system can't be loaded

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you see at the bottom of the image that you attached where it says F8 for startup settings?
Have you tried that?
As I mentioned above you may have to boot from the installation media in order to use the Advanced Troubleshooting Options.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then you need to boot from the installation media

Reaction score
Hello Vegito, This is boot error means BCD is either corrupted or absent in your windows so you will essentially repair this file using recover the normal step of windows. Recovery drive or bootable CD will come into action to releave you. Once you put it into port you need to go with repair your computer. If you want to go into detail carefully follow this article: -

Fix: Error 0xc0000225 Windows 10

Ask a Question