Error code 0xc0000225

Reaction score
This little problem seems to keep growing. I have a nextbook model # nxw101qc232 and i have forgotten the password for it since i have not used it in a long time. i looked up ways to reboot my tablet and upon using ( power button+ both volume + and - ) and holding down till system loads the option to reset the tablet. upon doing so it gave me the error code 0xc0000225 with it asking me to load to my computer. ive hooked it up to my computer and it wont connect! help what do i do???

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi mindy8876,

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you happen to have a copy of Windows 10 ISO burned onto a DVD or on a USB Thumb drive?

This copy needs to match the version on your notebook, and if you do happen to have that you could insert this into your DVD drive, or USB port (if a thumb drive), then restart computer.

The computer ought to boot from the bootable disk you have inserted, and after a few minutes it ought to take you to a Windows install screen,, where you agree to text shown, then click Next, then on the next screen in the bottom left corner click on Repair link

That would take you to some options and if you choose the option to boot to Command Prompt you could then type the following to reset your forgotten password.

I'll assume your Username on the Notebook is mindy

At the command prompt you'd type:

Code:
net user mindy ""

Press enter key to execute the command

You can then shut down your notebook and restart it. This ought to then take you to the sign-in page for mindy where your password will be blank [i.e. nothing to type in for password].

So in other words, you'd click the > arrow next to the password field to sign-in having left the password field blank.

Let us know if you manage to get to this point so you can sign-in to your Desktop, and I or someone else can help you set a new password for your User account once you can actually sign-in.

If you need help creating a bootable ISO DVD or thumb drive let us know too as there are plenty of folk here who can walk you through how to do this. Our Article section of the forum has instructions on how to do this too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
The tablet doesn't have a cd port or usb port. it has an sd port and has a port that's tiny like an android charger port.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does it have a Key you can press while booting up that allows you to get to
The tablet doesn't have a cd port or usb port. it has an sd port and has a port that's tiny like an android charger port.

Ahh that is a pity. I was hoping you may have a cable to link a ROM drive to your nextbook.

Regedit32

Reaction score
maybe do a full factory reset?:

I'm not sure mindy can get to the Desktop to use those instructions in the manual Wolfie.

If she could then yes some form of reset would work. Further in the manual is instructions on reinstalling W10 but still keeping personal files.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Mindy,

I've been playing around with this password issue and come up with a couple of easy solutions for you.

Solution 1 (Best option to take in my opinion)
  • Start computer
  • Click the lock screen to view sign-in page
  • Beneath the password field you should see wording to the affect I forgot my password; Click this!
After a few seconds you will see a screen displaying your Microsoft Account, and if you follow the prompts you can have a code sent to you via email or to your smart phone, which you will enter into the field on screen.

When you enter that code you will be taken to a new screen to create a new password for your account.

Note: The new password needs to be one you have no used before. If you do accidentally choose a password you've used before you will be prompted about this and have to enter a different one.

Once done you are then taken to sign-in page where you can now enter your new password and sign-in.
Solution 2 (This option would potentially mean you'd have to be willing to lose personal settings/files)
  • Start computer
  • Click the lock screen to view sign-in page
  • Now Press down & keep holding down the shift key
  • With the SHIFT key held down, left-click on the Power icon in the bottom right corner of screen then select Restart -- Do not release the SHIFT key yet!
You may now get a message warning you about other users being affected if you restart now. If that happens click the option to restart anyway.

When you see the computer begin to restart then release your Shift key

After a few seconds you'll see a blue screen with three choices. Select Troubleshoot

You can now choose to Reset this PC if you wish, but given you do not recall your password you'd need to consider not saving your personal files. If you are not worried about losing files this would reinstall Windows 10 and allow you to create a User account with a new password.

Reaction score
I'm not sure mindy can get to the Desktop to use those instructions in the manual Wolfie.
Hi Regedit32,

I didn't even read through it to be honest!. :rolleyes: I don't own a tablet myself so cannot be of much further help as in looking at my own settings/reset options!. :)

Reaction score
i have tried a factory reset, that's when the error code comes up. i might just have to take it to geek squad because i've looked up things online and i cant find anything that will fix it. I have also hooked it up to my desktop and it wont even register that there is a device there. from what i've found out i would have to be able to log in before it would sync to the computer which is my other problem.

Ask a Question