SOLVED "Error" in judgement?...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Going through something similar myself.
Trying to help a friend with an Acer Desktop, so I'll see you your error and raise you mine

Capture.PNG

So now I'm going to physically remove the wireless add-in card, as well as remove all things AMD / ATI Catalyst (this that and the other).
Put the ISO into a folder in the root of C: (which by the way has 800 gigs free) mount the ISO and attempt the upgrade install one more time and then he gets the phone call where he decides if he wants this damn upgrade enough to go through a wipe and clean install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can report that I was able to successfully install the Fall Creators Update on that Acer Desktop.
Not sure if it was the wireless card, or the two instances of Catalyst software that I removed, or the fact that I mounted the ISO after copying it to a folder on the C: drive.
Something did the trick

Regedit32

Reaction score
I may have to give it a twirl myself as the latest insiders have killed Mail & Calendar app for the time being.

Ask a Question