Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration

Reaction score
Running latest version of Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion 3847. My computer is dropping my internet connection. When I run the Troubleshooter, I get the following message: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration" which is fixed by the Troubleshooter. But it is happening several times a week.

My computer has a Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller who's driver id as follows: 10.003.0723.2015

Can someone help me resolve this problem permanently?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
These types of issues are generally associated with your router or whatever type of device is responsible for acknowledging DHCP requests from various network nodes.
You might want to investigate how that is handled. The scope of the DHCP addresses to confirm it meets your network requirements and isn't being exhausted. The length (duration) of the DHCP lease to confirm it isn't expiring and claimed by another node before it's renewed.

Probably the best thing you can do is manually assign a static IP address for the problem machine that is either reserved for such purpose or is outside the scope of the addresses that are leased.

Reaction score
These types of issues are generally associated with your router or whatever type of device is responsible for acknowledging DHCP requests from various network nodes.
You might want to investigate how that is handled. The scope of the DHCP addresses to confirm it meets your network requirements and isn't being exhausted. The length (duration) of the DHCP lease to confirm it isn't expiring and claimed by another node before it's renewed.

Probably the best thing you can do is manually assign a static IP address for the problem machine that is either reserved for such purpose or is outside the scope of the addresses that are leased.
Sorry but this is way above my pay grade. Please simply your recommendation. Many thanks!

Ask a Question