Everything freezes after start up

Reaction score
Everything frozen on my Asus...Nothing will open but desktop..not Internet, files, or start menu...

Computer worked last night. It accepted audio files that I recorded on EasyVoice recorder and dragged into computer from my LG Android. I was able to edit those files in my Adobe Audition, save as mp3s and upload to my employer software and website just as I always do. I was able to surf pages already open in my Google Chrome but unable to logon to my eBay account. I finished my work and went to bed.

This afternoon I was able to open some new Chrome Internet windows and answer emails on gmail and Zimbra web mail. I closed the laptop and left it there for a few hours.

Upon returning, I could not open any new Internet windows. Not even Facebook. I tried restarting but could not access the Start menu. So I hard booted. No effect.

Then hard booted and removed battery. Turned on and generally had same problem but I was able to search for malware bytes and clicked download. Computer froze in the "save to" step.

Turned off Internet modem power, restarted Internet wireless and tried turning on computer. Even worse. Now It acts like it is opening an Internet page but little circle just keeps spinning as though looking for something it cannot find.

I am using an iPad to send this post. Computer is a brick at this point. Can u help?

Regards,
Eileen

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can u help?
It might be difficult, depending on what you might be able to do.
See if you can use the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination to evoke another screen from which you can launch task manager.
IF so use the file menu to launch a new task and type msconfig hit enter or click OK
Use the boot tab to turn on Safe Boot and tick the Networking radio button
See if safe mode helps the system at all.

Ask a Question