Reset laptop lost everything.

Reaction score
Laptop has windows 10 i reset the laptop and i lost everything. Only have like 4 programs won't let me sign. Into my Microsoft account

Reaction score
HI Janel,

what make and model laptop?. Did you use the recovery partition of the laptop to restore your computer or did you use the windows reset function?. o_O

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Satellite C55a. I used the windows reset function. It said it would delete unneccarsy files and clean up computer. And it certainly cleaned it up. I have no toshiba or hardly any programs left. It's now telling me It can't find my Microsoft account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I used the windows reset function
The "Reset this PC" is going to remove all programs including any UWP Apps you might have installed. It's the nature of the beast.
It should have (if you chose to do so) preserved your personal files / data.
It's now telling me It can't find my Microsoft account.
That may have something to do with a driver issue. Maybe check with Toshiba support site for your specific Model Number and download and install drivers for your network adapters.
Check Device Manager to see if it is indicating any problems with unknown or otherwise problem devices.

Use a web browser and log into your Microsoft Account to confirm that the account and password you are attempting to use is viable and still functions as expected.
https://account.microsoft.com/account
Click the "Sign In" link top right.

Reaction score
Also, if you still have nothing on there, do a full system recovery using the recovery partition form Toshiba:

:)

You will of course have to start from scratch!. :(

Ask a Question