SOLVED Explore now opens my cameras.

Reaction score
ok up until this morning when i needed to open my security cameras i open the tool that will find them on my network and when i click on the ip address i want to see it would open that camera using the chrome browser. so today i want to open a camera and explorer opens and asked me for my password etc. i expect that but i do not want explorer to open my cameras! i want chrome to open them so then i can pin them in the upper left, this way i can click the pinned tab to see them faster.

so how do i now tell explorer not to open anything? i do not use expelore for anything i use the chrome browser. thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i do not use expelore for anything i use the chrome browser.
I'm guessing but apparently your shortcut has been mis-linked, so.....
Right click it while holding down the shift key on your keyboard and from the context menu choose "Open with" -> "Choose another app"
From there you should be able to choose "Chrome" and tick the box that says "Always use"

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
ok i went to the desktop and right clicked on that shortcut while holding the shift key and i did not get the popup to say that open with. all i got was open. i got it to go finally but i can't really tell you how. i did go into properties i told it in the setting i found that look the best to run as admin and saved that. but i did some other things also so i can't say for sure. but for now it is back to opening with chrome. i did uninstall chrome and reinstall it again, but just after that it did the same thing. so after that was when i went into properties and told that program to use admin to open. thanks

Ask a Question