SOLVED F12 Boot Menu

Reaction score
Why doesn't the F12 Boot Menu work in Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 18362.356). I enabled it in the BIOS and the Boot Menu pops up but it doesn't list all the USB devices.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Why doesn't the F12 Boot Menu work in Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 18362.356).
As far as I know and have seen, it works with the BIOS to choose a viable boot device as set in the BIOS, not after an option has been chosen and is running which is when the OS takes over a lot of the keyboard functions. The OS reads the BIOS to know what resources it provides and how to set them up with the appropriate drivers during loading.

Usually the F2 or Del/Delete key is used to enter the BIOS Setup to get to were the User can change settings as needed and usually while a Logo is on the screen there will appear a line or two to that message. Several years ago it was common to be able to press that key right after hearing a beep.

Reaction score
Could also be a problem with usb2s and 3s. No idea what de ices you have, but try moving them around a little ( chnging the input sockets)

Regedit32

Reaction score
What settings have you adjusted in BIOS?

Here is an example list of things to do, that I know works on some laptop models:
  1. Create a Bootable USB drive [ I note you state you have done this ]
  2. Press Esc button on startup to enter your BIOS
  3. Disable Secure Boot and Enable Legacy Support
  4. Change UEFI Boot Order and make sure USB is first in line [ e.g. USB - Harddrive - CD ]
  5. Save changes and exist BIOS [ i.e. Press F10 and/or Enter key ]
  6. Restart laptop and Press Esc, then go to Boot options and select your Bootable Pen drive/USB
Note: I'm not suggesting this is necessarily the fix for your situation, as I have no idea what model computer you are using, or if its a laptop or desktop etcetera. But perhaps the steps listed above will give you a clue as to what is going wrong for you.

Reaction score
The UEFI settings may matter. If your USB drive is not UEFI-bootable disk, it won't appear in the boot menu.

Reaction score
The UEFI settings may matter. If your USB drive is not UEFI-bootable disk, it won't appear in the boot menu.
Maybe that's why the MCT process automatically reformats a USB Thumb drive as FAT32?

Reaction score
Which system are you using , Did you truied F10, my ZT systems PC boots to the one time boot menu through F10

Ask a Question