SOLVED False Live Mail Error Message

Reaction score
Whenever I open Live Mail, on my custom built desktop computer running Win 10 Ver. 1903, I get the message saying "Sorry, there was a problem signing you in.", when it actually does sign me in. The opening email does not show in the right hand window, but if you click on any other email in INBOX it opens and you can then open the top email. If you hit OK in the error message box, the sign-in window opens and if you hit OK on that to sign in with your user name and password it just brings the error message back. When you hit the cancel on the error message you can just proceed using Live Mail as you were signed in all the time.

Anyone have an idea as to how I can get rid of this bothersome error message. It did not happen in parallel to any other event, such as an upgrade, reinstall, virus, computer crash, etc. Thanks, Dennis

Attachments

• 2019-08-31.png
    2019-08-31.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 322
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know that the problem of the "False error message", after plaguing me for two days, has vanished and the entire opening of Live Mail is back to normal. It did not happen following a reboot or fresh start. I had opened and closed Live Mail several times, with it always showing the error, and after a break of about an hours reopened it again to check my emails and the problem had vanished. At no time during this approx 2½ hour period did I turn-off or reboot the computer. I haven't the slightest idea of what happened or why, but am so happy it did and hope it never happens again! Rather than marking this thread as solved, I wish there was a button to mark it as "Disappeared".

Reaction score
The problem returned several days later. Then I noticed a pop-up saying that my account sign-in needed attention and to tap the balloon to take action. When I did this it led me to a Settings/Security/Accounts/Actions to be taken which opened screen that needed me to re-inter my password. It didn't say which password, Mail, Store, etc., but was very forgiving until, on the third try, the store password was accepted and the whole problem with the false sign-in for Live Mail disappeared for good. I have a feeling Ver. 1903 upgrade might have made the Store password the password for Live Mail also as it is a new password and I've had Live Mail for years.

The pop-up warning to take action had appeared just a couple of times over several weeks and I could never get my eyes off what I was doing in time to read it and take action before. I've got a feeling it was causing my browser to take two attempts to open some web sites, also.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
How are you able to still use this email software is beyond me.....MS killed that off a long time ago. So there's no support for it all. Hence the issues you're getting.

That said, I'd start looking for a replacement ASAP.

Reaction score
bassfisher6522- I'm a limited personal stuff home user and have always used what M.S. included in Windows as I really don't need anything more elaborate. However, just changed over to Chrome from Explorer than Edge as I heard M.S. is phasing out support of Edge. With that in mind, can you suggest a simple mail program that is fully compatible with 64-bit Win 10 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Something that has storage folders and allows for migration of current Live Mail files to the new program. Thanks for your thoughts, Dennis

Ask a Question