False Limited Network Access Notification

Reaction score
Hello,

Every so often Windows 10 will give a notification about Limited Network Access on a wired Ethernet connection. The notification is not true as I am able to use non-Microsoft applications such as Firefox just fine with the Internet. However Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Windows Updates, Edge and IE do not detect an Internet connection and are unusable. I found that if I turn off real-time protection in Windows Defender and then reboot the computer it clears the error for a time but it always comes back within a day or two. Does anyone know a permanent fix to this problem?

Thank you,

Reaction score
hi
I had the same problem.
in the end it turned out to be the router going bad.i have a new one and no more trouble.
I hate to say this but maybe that's what it is.

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the way the "Network Connection" service starts up because when I changed it from "automatic" start to "automatic (delayed start)" start type it seems to have made the problem occur less frequent. The issue can still pop up occasionally but when it does a simple restart of the PC resolves the issue.

Reaction score
went through this video and got the wifi issue fixed at my dell inspiron running windows 10.

Ask a Question