SOLVED False login warnings for devices I use?

Reaction score
Hi All, I keep getting these email log in warnings, even though I only ever use the same desktop and my smartphone which I hardly ever use other than to ring someone or text them? I have disconnected my phone from my router. These are the only two devices I have ever used and the times and locations they send me are always me, which I keep telling them? How do I get this weird stuff to stop? I hope you know what I'm talking about? lol

Reaction score
It is a nightmare. They are probably spam. The only way, I would imagine, is to use the email filter to collect them and delete them. Unfortunately, in my case, they change the address so frequently that this suggestion is only a partial method.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think they come from windows? Anyway, I'm using Thunderbird for my email so I'll just mark them as junk. Thanks for the info. solved!!!

Reaction score
What email provider do you use?
Do you use webmail or an email client (like Thunderbird)?
Can you post a screenshot of the messages to which you refer?

Reaction score
He says he is using Thunderbird! He has marked it as solved - presumably to his satisfaction.

Reaction score
If there is nothing I can do about this other than to mark it as junk in Thunderbird, then it must be solved! I would post a screenshot but I can't find it on my computer?

Reaction score
He says he is using Thunderbird! He has marked it as solved - presumably to his satisfaction.
Ah, fair enough. Though he still doesn't say which provider nor what the messages look like. Still he has a workaround so all's well. :)

Reaction score
Ah, fair enough. Though he still doesn't say which provider nor what the messages look like. Still he has a workaround so all's well. :)
What do you mean by provider? If you mean who sends these emails? It's a different email address every time, Facebook, Firefox, etc... As for what they look like they are sophisticated, look real and plausible. They have my name right and know that my IP address is in the Perth Western Australia area?

Reaction score
Provider: What organisation are you signed up with for your internet connection.
But such “Spams”, today, áre quite sophisticated and can look like the real thing. The givesway can be the senders address, or, in many instances, poor English.

Reaction score
My internet provider is Tangerine Telecom, I have been with them for the last 5 years with no real problems. I've just realised these emails really are from Facebook security? It is all screwed up because I have no devices registered with FB? Anyway, I stopped email notifications from FB so I will have to wait and see if that works? I will get back with any results.

Reaction score
My internet provider is Tangerine Telecom, I have been with them for the last 5 years with no real problems. I've just realised these emails really are from Facebook security? It is all screwed up because I have no devices registered with FB? Anyway, I stopped email notifications from FB so I will have to wait and see if that works? I will get back with any results.
Ah. I was trying to see where the messages were coming from (and whether it was from your email provider). If they are Facebook login warnings and you don't have a Facebook account then these are almost certainly phishing scams trying to extract your (non-existent_ Facebook logon credentials.

Marking them as spam is your best option. Whatever you do, do NOT answer any of them. :)

Ask a Question