Faulty Laptop System and BIOS issues

dve

Reaction score
Hello! I would like to raise my concern about my laptop. Greetings to anyone who may come across my message! I am a student currently with a Lenovo laptop that serves as the main tool for my educational development. And I know for a fact that the device my family bought for me is cheap (but it's still something that we struggle to afford) and has relatively low specs and features.

In the first few years of using my laptop, I only downloaded light programs that would not interfere with my laptop's faulty system; it was working just fine, and I was able to make documents, edit files, use it for some light entertainment, etc.

However, after almost 3 years of using the device, I encountered troubles. The most recent issue I have experienced is the BSOD. Thankfully, I was able to reset my laptop (after a whole night, and it was a school day that day) and recover important files (mainly schoolwork). After that, everything was back to normal.

After a day of using my newly reset device, I connected my laptop to a TV with an HDMI cable for my group's presentation. But after inserting the cable into my laptop's HDMI slot, my device went black. A few minutes later, I found myself on yet another blue screen, but this time it was about the BIOS of my laptop. On the good side, I was able to get my device back to its previous state and resume any prior engagements.

To anyone reading this, could you please tell me your thoughts because I am currently puzzled and clouded by my ignorance about everything relating to recovery, repair, BIOS, etc. regarding laptops? Could you please tell me what to do, how to prevent issues such as these, and how to deal with them? How do I check if there are issues with my laptop's BIOS and how I can repair them? I know I'm asking for loads of information, but I would like to thank you for at least reading my message.

Reaction score
Can't say about the BSODs but for the monitor nearly all Notebooks/Laptops have a Function key or combination of keys to allow toggling the built-in monitor only, both the built-in plus a projector/monitor or the projector/monitor only. The key may be only an Fx or the Fn plus an Fx, replace the x with a number as in F8. The color on the F keys will match the color of the Fn marking. Both of my Lenovo Notebooks have the method, one uses only the HDMI port and the other is a bit older with HDMI and VGA ports.
Lenovo Keyboards.png

dve

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I'll be sure to take note of your recommendations.

Ask a Question