SOLVED File associations - How to view *.asm file with Notepad?

Reaction score
I downloaded a *.zip file to This PC > Downloads with an *.asm file in it. How can I read the asm file with Notepad?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
if you've extracted the .zip file, have you tried right clicking the .asm file and selecting "Open With" and then either selecting or browsing to Notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

Reaction score
I downloaded a *.zip file to This PC > Downloads with an *.asm file in it. How can I read the asm file with Notepad?
if you've extracted the .zip file, have you tried right clicking the .asm file and selecting "Open With" and then either selecting or browsing to Notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

Thanks for reply - it helped. I am new to Win10 and have lots of other things going on so I lost my bearings. I "opened" the zip file rather than extracted the files from it - and there was no "Open with" option on a right-click. After "extracting" the files to a new folder, the "Open with" was back and allowed opening the files in question with Notepad.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up. Glad to hear that you've managed to resolve your issue.

Ask a Question