SOLVED Finding and restoring file deleted 2 months ago

Reaction score
I am a simple IT user with a simple PC setup. Programmes are on my C drive and all Data is on my D drive. I keep my data well and logically organised and can find 99% of files and/or documents very easily.
However, I deleted a folder in my Correspondence section 2 months ago because I thought I no longer needed any of the documents within it anymore, but now find there was one particular document within the Folder that I badly need.
Even with my very limited knowledge I am sure that it must still be sitting somewhere on PC. Can anyone point me towards finding and retrieving it please?

Many thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I deleted a folder in my Correspondence section 2 months ago
When data is deleted from a drive, the area that it occupied is marked as "available" for write operations as an area that can hold "new" data, so.....
Depending on a lot of factors, that data may or may not be retrievable completely or even partially.

This is a product that I have used in the past in one case to retrieve a critical spreadsheet for our accounting department.
Importantly, I got to that particular drive very quickly (as soon as they noticed their error) and removed it from the system.

Probably just as importantly....
It is not free.... At least not for recovery operations, although they offer a trial that you can use to see if it will find what you are looking for.
It is not fast.... As I recall, it took a very long time to scan the whole drive and recover all the bits. Remember a decent size file is typically stored in 4KB clusters across multiple areas of a disk, seldom contiguous.

Reaction score
If you havnt been too busy with the computer , you have a small chance. Anything subsequently typed, may well have overwritten the deleted items. I did have occasion to do this once. After only four days, I was able to recover enough letter fragments to put them together, albeit with a little “inventiveness”, in some instances

Ask a Question