SOLVED Superantispyware free version is suddenly finding only 1item

Reaction score
Hi...immediate rerun finds the same item. Would it help to remove and reinstall?
If so, where do I find where to uninstall?
Thank you!

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I do have Malwarbytes, but I understand they clear off different things. The SuperAntiSpyware
usually finds a bunch of (tracking cookies etc) but of late only 1...whereas there would be several hundred before.

Reaction score
I found this today, and realized it's been there in every "1 item found" report on SuperAntiSpyware scan.
The item it gets stuck on is always this one: c:users\janice\appdata\local\google\chrome\userdata\default\cache\js
The scan timer continues but no more files are checked.

If Google has put a "stick in the spokes", and it sounds like it to me, how do I remove it?
Would love your thoughts and help if you've seen this before. I contacted SuperAntiSpyware and they suggested
removing the old one and a new download, which I did, then ran a scan, and discovered the information above is
still there.

Reaction score
Hi, Thank you for responding.
My computer self cleans automatically every 30 days.

Reaction score
Hi again and thanks for responding.
I use Bing and only on a rare occasion, Google.
(I'm 77 and not to tech savvy as you've probably gathered..
How do I check the browser settings and delete cache? That sounds like a wonderful idea!
JanBD

Reaction score
Wolfie you solved this!!!! I followed suggestion to clear browsing history then ran the scan and it
completed as it used to do. (I used to do that …..but old age....forgot to do that for ages!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!! I am grateful!!!

Ask a Question