Momentary freezes while typing

Reaction score
Frequently while typiing, either in Word or in a web post, letters stop appearing for several seconds and then accumulated keystrokes blurt onto the screen with some missing. Cursor continues blinking normally during freezes, but cursor, keyboard, and everything else stops.
Task Manager shows Firefox doing a lot of whatever Firefox does using a lot of Memory. If I close Firefox, problem seems to go away. Is there a fix for this other than shutting down Firefox whenever I want to do something else?
Windows 10, Dell XPS

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does your keyboard have some batteries in it? If yes, you may need to put some fresh ones in.

Reaction score
Logitech K350 and M510 mouse. Batteries in both are good. Freezes affect both simultaneously.

Reaction score
OK I get that sometimes. The Logitech gear is using 2400 Mhz and I wonder if it gets drowned out by a burst of WiFi just once in awhile.

Reaction score
I plugged in a wired keyboard. Next time wireless freezes, I'll hit keys on the wired keyboard to see if it's also affected.

Ask a Question